In todays digital world, we are used to work with numerous apps at once. That can lead to a mess of notifications - spread everywhere. In order to always stay on top of your tasks and to not miss any important notifications, integrations to the most popular communication apps is crucial.
Cyberday has user management and notification integrations to Slack and MS Teams. In this article, you can learn more about our Slack integration. If you prefer to use Cyberday in MS Teams, check out our other related Academy help articles.
Quick overview of your notification options:
- notifications via MS Teams
- notifications via Slack
- notifications via email (only if you do not use MS Teams or Slack)
Enabling the Slack integration
Where to find this view: Dashboard -> Organization name drop down -> settings -> install Cyberday for Slack
Before enabling the Slack integration, make sure you do not want to use the MS Teams integration. You cannot use both integrations at the same time, but you need to decide for either Slack or MS Teams. To activate the Slack integration, do the following steps:
- Go to the organisation dashboard in your Cyberday account.
- Select settings from the menu on the left and scroll down to "install Cyberday for Slack"
- Optional: User Syncing. If you would like to automatically create a Cyberday account for your employees in your Slack workspace to have access to the Guidebook (only), move the slider under "Sync users from Slack to Cyberday automatically" to the right. The employees then will not be able to access the organisation dashboard or taskbook. If you would like to allow the access to either, you can later on switch the settings for each employee in the user management settings.
- Click "Install".
- A new window will open. Enter your Slack workspace URL. You can ind it in Slack when clicking on the drop-down menu option next to your organisation name.
- Fill in the URL (see screenshots above) and click on "Continue", so you will get to the next page, where you will have to log in with your email into your Slack workspace.
- Allow the permission requests for the Slack integration and finish the installation process.
- Cyberday will be listed in "Apps" in the menu on the left in your Slack.
What kind of notifications do you receive via Slack?
You will receive different kind of notifications in Slack, so you will not miss anything important happening in Cyberday. The following notifications will be received in Slack:
- a weekly user Taskbook summary as a notification
- a monthly employee Guidebook notification
- a notification if an item is due soon or if an item actually is due now
- you will receive immediate notifications i.e. in the case of an incident
- you will get notified if you get mentioned in a comment (related to log)
- you will get notified if you have posted in the Community and i.e. someone has replied to your post
Questions and feedback
Do you have any further questions, would need another help article or would like to give some feedback? Please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org or the chat box in the right lower corner.